Brindavan Education Trust is conducting a teacher training program titled ‘Understanding the Child with Specific Learning Disabilities’.
Course Begins: June 11, 2016
Timings: Saturdays 1.00- 5 P.M [theory classes]
Duration: 14 months
[June 2016 to March 2017 – Theory;
Adress: #456, 9th A Main Road, 2nd Block Jayanagar, Bangalore – 560 011
Award: Diploma [issued jointly by Brindavan & Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan]
Eligibility Criteria: (adults with good English verbal & written communication skills)
- All prospective candidates should have an undergraduate degree [BA, BSc,BCom]
Number of seats: 20
Course Fee: Exact amount will be intimated once the service tax rate is finalized] Fees is payable in two instalments.
Last date for applications: May 15th 2016.
Applications can be sent to the above address or printed out and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admission to the course will be confirmed based on fulfilment of eligibility criterion and an interview with the applicant.
Details of the course in brief:
Understanding the Child with Specific Learning Disabilities:
- Provides an overview into LD
- Delves into various aspects of LD such as identification of LD with respect to basic skill areas of Oral Language, Math, Reading, Writing, Spelling and others.
- Identification & management of children with Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder(ADHD) behaviour, SID(Sensory Integration Disorder) and ASD(Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- Formulating Individual Educational Plans/Report writing/Assessment
- Counseling parents / caregivers/ teachers (in perspective of the child with LD)
- A detailed course manual complete with sample worksheets
- A rigorous practical hands-on internship.
The faculty are all experts in their respective fields of study and bring valuable theoretical knowledge & practical examples to the classroom.
Download SLD Application 2017-18