Parenting the Child with Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD)
This course is specially meant for parents to help their children with specific learning difficulties. The first step is understanding your child and his/ her difficulties. The next step is to strengthen your child with the emotional and social tools he/she needs to work through challenges. The course aims to help you support your child and lay a solid foundation for a fulfilled life.
Click here for a checklist of SLD
• To understand specific learning difficulties of your child., and support him/her by providing a conducive environment to promote good study habits.
• To develop non-academic areas of competence, such as life skills,
social skills, that will provide the individual with a
feeling of competence and promote self-esteem.
• To empower the parent to skillfully and appropriately manage
- Parents of children diagnosed with a learning disability or related disorders [developmental language delay, , ADHD.)
- Good understanding of English with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts during the learning process.
- Resource person guided learning inclusive of intensive strategy training and practical examples.
- Parent will try out strategies, document results make an individual case study presentation at the end of the course.
Course Begins: Oct 17th 2016 to Dec 5th 2016
Duration: 9 sessions (on Monday of every week)– 3 hr classes
Timing: 10am to 1pm
Venue: Brindavan Education Trust
456, 9A main Road,
2nd Block, Jayanagar (Opposite Kuchalamba Kalyana Mantapa),
Phone : 26567311 , 26640363
Contact Person: Ms. Anita
Course Fee: Rs 9500 approx..